Saturday, April 01, 2006

cut the cord

Okay, so I left my cell phone at work on Thursday. Duh. That was stupid. But I wasn't gonna drive all the back to work to get it. Too far. [pause for effect] Far.

So I said to myself, "Hey we've got a phone at home that plugs in the wall, so I can just use that." Well, I plug it in - it's not plugged in since we only use the line for dumb dialup since our dumb town can't get dumb broadband. I'm sticking the plugger-inner part into the bottom of my trimline, slimline, whatever it is, and feeding the cord through the little cord path. Then, I'm rolling out the tangly cord from the kitchen to the living room so I can put it on the side table by the couch. And then I'm trying to decide: does the curly handset cord bunch up on the table, or hang off the table to the floor? And you know what I decided? Landlines bite. Posted by Picasa

No comments: